Thursday, March 21, 2013

Steampunk

That's right I absolutely love Steampunk. If you haven't already figured this out, you should know by now I'm a total geek. This includes my love for all things Steampunk. I even make Steampunk Jewelry. I am actually wearing one of my pieces. Sadly this one is not for sale on etsy. One of the only ones I refuse to sell. I decided I should make one for myself. 

For those of you who don't know what Steampunk is, it is a subculture/genre of science fiction that  that typically features steam powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by Industrial civilization during the 19th century. Think of Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, or Wild, Wild West.

There is something that I love so much about Steampunk. Maybe it's because I wish I was born in a different time period and an alternative one. Maybe it also stems from my long love of every thing Victorian. Which is something I love to adapt into Steampunk. I love taking Victorian styles and trends and adding Steampunk to them. Last year at the Gaslight Gathering I did my own version of Alice in Wonderland. Of course that will be for a different post.
 

My Outfit -
Striped Dress - Forever 21
Black Lace Skirt under my dress - Forever 21
Steampunk Harness - New Age Couture from etsy
Steampunk Doorknocker Necklace - https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmberIlysSteamcrafts
Brown Leggings - Target
Black Knee High Socks - Apt 9 Khols
Brown Boots - Forever 21

4 comments:

  1. I love Victorian fashion as well and Steampunk is very cool. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah very cute !! i love your looks.awesome and chic

    just follow your blog,can we follow each other ? let me know

    BLOG || BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete